Deputy Librarian in the Asiatic Society of Mumbai
Name of the Post- Deputy Librarian
No of vacancies- 01
Employer-The Asiatic Society of Mumbai
Location- Mumbai, MaharashtraQualification : A degree in Arts, Science, Commerce or Low, of any Statutory university with 2nd class and M. Lib. and I. Sc. with consistently good academic record and superior knowledge of computerized library service. Ability to communicate effectively in both spoken and written English is essential.
Experience : At least 5 Years in a large library. Retired persons who fulfil these qualification may also apply.
Requirements : Deputy Librarian will have to supervise following main activites and ensure optimum performance from the library staff :
- Ordering, classification, cataloguing of Books and Journals.
- Entering bibliographical details of Books and Journals in LibSys.
- Arranging and shelving of Books and journals.
- Circulation and reference services, including research on the internet and various databases.
- Maintenance of the Library's collection of books, serial publications, documentation and audio-visual and other meterial.
- Furnishing information on library's activities, facilities, rules and services.
- Processing and maintaining magizine and newspaper collection
- Annual stock-taking of the entire collection.
- Computerization of the entire collection from time to time
- Periodic updation of the Society's website
Salary : The appointment will be on contract basis. For the first 6 months a fixed salary of Rs. 40,000/- per month will be paid. If the performance during the first 6 months is satisfactory the contract will be extended for a year during which period a fixed salary of Rs. 45,000/- will be paid.
Interested candidates may send their CV with name and address of two referees, along with copies of testimonials, certificates, etc. within 3 weeks from the date of this advertisement to :
Hon. Secretary, The Asiatic Society of Mumbai, town Hall, Shahid Bhagat Singh Road, Mumbai - 40001.
Eligible candidates will be called for interview as pe recommendations of the Screening Committee. Fulfilment of minimum qualification is not a claim for interview call. The Society reserves the right to reject any /all applications without assigning any reason. No interim correspondence will be entertained.
The Asiatic Society of Mumbai
Town Hall, Shahid Bhagat Singh Road,
Fort, Mumbai - 400 023.
Tel.: 9122-2660956 Fax.: 2665139
Website : http://asiaticsociety.org.in